2012 AACA Hershey Oct 10-13

Shows that feature MVs or local parades. Pictures of your MV are highly encouraged. Pics of your MV with a Veteran get you double bonus points!

E-mail deadline@tm9-801.com for picture hosting if required.

2012 AACA Hershey Oct 10-13

Postby pfarber » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:39 pm

http://www.hersheyaaca.org/fallmeet.html

Hopefully I can pick up some Chevy sheet metal that I need.
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Re: 2012 AACA Hershey Oct 10-13

Postby pfarber » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:37 pm

Went to Hershey on the 10th. Place is BIG. At least 5 parking lots full of stuff. There were some impressive vehicles... a $98,000 restored car next to an $6,500 fixer upper.

$12 to park, but entry to the meet is free.

My impressions:

Don't go for anything MV related. The AACA doesn't appear to speak MV. Even though most of the WWII vehicles have a pretty strong link to the civilian vehicles of the late 30's/early 40's, I didn't see anything MV related nor did most seem to know what a CCKW was, or a G506. When I stopped at a booth that had chevy parts and asked about a 43 1.5 ton some did know that I meant a WWII truck... others just assumed I meant 41 or 46. I *did* meet other MV owners... but they laughed when I mentioned that I was kinda dismayed that there were no MV's present.

I did not see many heaters, and no Harrison Heaters. Less than 5 brass carbon-tet extinguishers. This is out of 100's of booths. I also asked a place the looked like a professional tool seller for clutch head socket drivers... he only had clutch head screw drivers... that should have been an omen.

I only saw roughly half of the meet... but most of the vehicles seemed to be Model A, T, AA Fords. Yes, there were other cars from other periods (50's, 60's etc) but it just seemed that the place was very pre 1940's. Maybe I didn't make it to the post 1940's side?

Not many trucks. A few Model AA trucks (I think that's what they were) but trucks were the minority. Cars... lots of cars. Lots of golf carts to. Many guys were pulling heavy duty wagons... quite a few had tool boxes bolted to them... most were empty. I really didn't see much haggeling... people seemed to pay sticker price or the seller didn't seem to budge much.

Most of the sellers were very specific.. and the most of the stuff was in boxes... you'd have to spend 20 minutes at each stall to go through the boxes or dig through the items on a table.

Prices for parts from vendors (businesses) seemd really high. One place listed rubber window seals for Chevys at over $100. Online these are like $40. Not sure what the difference was.... but the cost sure was.

Lastly the food. $5 for a funnel cake... about right for swap meet grub. They must have just learned how to put batter in hot oil that morning as the funnel cake was to thin and crispy... boarding on potatoe chip like. They were just a tad light on the powdered sugar. B
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Car/Truck Shows