Last call.. parting out a 353 dumper

List your complete vehicle, parts vehicle or spare parts for sale. Make sure you include make, model, year and where the vehicle is located.

Last call.. parting out a 353 dumper

Postby pfarber » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:33 pm

I have a CCKW 353 w/w dump truck. Its an H1 (split axle) and i have what I need off it. Pretty much everything from the cab back it available. Limited sheet metal. Bed it there, as are all the bumper bits (handles, latches, hinges etc). Some engine parts (intake, exhaust, deep sump), but engine is most likely no good.

The hyd pump is in great shape, the piston is unknown, but when I took the pump off no water or rusted bits came out.

If you need ANYTHING let me know. This truck is getting parted out, then I am going to practice my welding/cutting on it, then the scrapper.

I am letting these parts go for basically my time to get them off the truck. Its not about the $. Its about getting these parts back into service so other CCKWs can soldier on.

Some parts that might be of interest:

The front frame (spring hangers, extension etc) for the winch. Winch is long gone, and the bumper it bent, but the frame parts are in great shape.
Many brackets for the hyd pump and winch controls. No PTO and only shaft is PTO to piston pump.

Truck will be available till the 20th of July, after that I must sadly haul it to the scrapper.
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Re: Last call.. parting out a 353 dumper

Postby avenilholdings » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:43 am

Hi
What is the Motor like Can it be overhauled? I also need left side door hinges
Can you help
Neville Hodgetts
Clarkville
NewZealand
avenilholdings

Postby pfarber » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:49 pm

I have not taken the head off or opened up the lifter panel to see whats inside. I did take the oil pan off and noted some surface rust on the cam and the crank. On the counter weights, not near the bearings.

Overall I would say the motor looks OK, but there are probably much better candidates.

If you PM me an e-mail address I can send you some pics of specific parts if you like. But there are few parts left (I am keeping the manifolds as spares).
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Postby retro-roco » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:00 pm

Paul,

Are the hydrovac brackets still there? Any idea what type it had? I need a set of brackets for the first series, tandem piston hydrovac.

I've drawn up the parts I need with the plan being to have some fabricated. If you have a couple that would save me the effort.
retro-roco
Motor Sergeant

Return to CCKW Parts or vehicles for sale