FS - Chevy G506 glass etching stencils

List your complete vehicle, parts vehicle or spare parts for sale. Make sure you include make, model, year and where the vehicle is located.

FS - Chevy G506 glass etching stencils

Postby retro-roco » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:55 am

I have stencil sets for etching the LOF logo and date codes as were typical on the windshield, side windows and rear window of the G506 family of trucks; available for sale. You can find more background info on the project here: http://g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=201693

The stencils are self-adhesive and are used to replicate the logos originally etched in the window glass. Here are pics of the stencil artwork:

Windshield Stencil

Side - rear window stencil

Please note that the outer "frame" lines are not part of the stencil, but indicate where they are separated from one another.

The stencils are intended for single use only, and for use on glass lying flat. If you elect to use them on glass that as been installed, the acid cream should easily stay in place; allowing for a good etch to be achieved. The removal of it WILL be more challenging though, requiring it to be wiped off with a wet sponge or rag. You will need to take steps to insure that the acid cream does not come in contact with exposed surfaces of your truck! I would suggest having a bucket of clean water handy, so any acid cream can flushed immediately with clean water if it does come in contact.

Each set of stencils includes three (3) windshield stencils (one spare) and four (4) side or rear window stencils (one spare) for a total of 7 stencils. Also included are directions for their use, and a list of items required to complete the etching project. The price per set is $25 USD, including First class postage in the lower 48 US; payable by USPS money order or Paypal. If you are not in the lower USA, contact me for postage costs.

Months and years currently available include:

1 - 41
6 - 42
6 - 43
6 - 44

Anyone choosing to buying a full sheet of stencils sets (five complete sets), can get five stencil sets for the price of four ($100 USD). Additional months and years, and even other logos (like the GMC logo??) are possible, but will depend on interest. Please contact me via email or PM through this forum.

Below are results of using my stencils and "Armor Etch" acid etching cream (available at your local Hobby Lobby, online, or through a number of other vendors). The small 3 oz. bottle is more than enough to do all five (5) winodws.
NEW Windhield logo - NEW side window logo - Original side window logo
retro-roco
Motor Sergeant

Return to Chevy Parts or vehicles for sale