Air cleaner decal, round two

Topics about paint colors, what was painted where, application of unit markings, component labels or decals. Also data plates and serial numbers/registration numbers.

Re: Air cleaner decal, round two

Postby retro-roco » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:21 pm

Paul,

The pics I posted of the Chevy military air cleaner are legit. The seller described the packaging he removed if from, and it was the typical wax impregnated paper, inside a double sealed corrugated box, which was in turn dipped in cosmoline.

The only possible issue I had was that the seller was from Canada, and since the packaging was gone (destroyed when he opened it), he couldn't tell me for sure if it was for a Chevy G506, staff car, or even a Canadian Military Pattern (CMP) truck. It could have been for any of them.

I just noticed too that the decal I posted from this "mystery" Chevy military air cleaner matches the photos you posted at the very top of the jeep air cleaner...

While my preference will be for the stripes, I think its great that you'd offer the choice.
retro-roco
Motor Sergeant

Postby pfarber » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:47 pm

With all the other CCKW decals we have found authoritative sources to confirm the design.

We have yet to have a clear and unambiguous photo of the CCKW air cleaner (and remember there were at least two) decal.

As mentioned... what kind of stripes? What direction? How thick/thin?

If that photo appears, then I'd happily redesign the artwork to mirror it. But I can't recall seeing an original CCKW decal with the the AC logo with the lines. Chevy's obviously did.. its all over their TMs. GMCs, not to much.
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Postby retro-roco » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:44 pm

pfarber wrote:But I can't recall seeing an original CCKW decal with the the AC logo with the lines. Chevy's obviously did.. its all over their TMs. GMCs, not to much.

Oh, yeah, I forget that not not everyone has a Chevy. Some just have CCKW's :lol:
retro-roco
Motor Sergeant

Previous

Return to Paint, Unit Markings, Decals and Labels