Judging hilarity... not just MVs

News, events, issues/items of the day. Does not need to be MV specific.

Judging hilarity... not just MVs

Postby pfarber » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:57 am

Researching paint.... found this hilarious passage on what should be one of the preeminent Chevy clubs/judging/trophy in the US:

http://vcca.org/forum/ubbthreads.php/to ... _ENGINE_CO

"Steve:

Sorry to take so long getting back to you but I wanted to be a through as possible therefore I called several of my knowledgeable GM guys about your engine color. All agree that the Gray engine is recognized as being correct and our judges will raise the question about any other color being correct, as they should. However we have had experiences in the past where other color engines were found to be correct. So the short answer to your question is you have two options.

1-Repaint your engine Gray and no question should arise about the correct color.

2-Leave the engine Blue, make yourself a book with all the documentation (photos, block stamping, etc.) you have furnished me as well as this email communication, so when the Team Captain asked if you have any supporting documentation on the color of your engine you can present him your documentation. I did have Joe Vicini contact one of the engineers from the Flint, MI plant and he concurred that it could have left the factory with a Blue engine. [bold is mine]

If the Team Captain still questions the authenticity of the engine color ask him to contact the Chief Judge of the event. The decision you have to make is do you want to address this issue every time you show your truck or take the easy way and paint it Gray. "

So, if you paint your engine blue, which IS a correct color in both official GM documents, AND an engineer at the plant .. if the nimrod with the score sheet still says gray, you better just repaint it gray is you ever want to win.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, let me sign up for THAT club. I'm sure the MVPA is just as 'good' hahahahaha as they are. hahahahahahaha
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Off-Topic