HiPoint Arms 9mm

News, events, issues/items of the day. Does not need to be MV specific.

HiPoint Arms 9mm

Postby pfarber » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:28 pm

I was at Cabellas to pick up some Canvak for the canvas CCKW curtains and saw three HiPoint pistols: 9mm, .45ACP and .40S&W Each was $199. I fiddled with the 9mm and .40S&W for a bit and got the 9mm. Since Cabellas didn't have 9mm bullets I stopped at WallyWorld to pick up some 9mm for the Burma (range). These were those shitty plated bullets made in Bosnia (Privi Partisian???)

I have to say its a very nice gun. A bit heavy, and only a single stack of 8 9mm rounds but I like the weight.. makes it easier to control. I went through about 80 of the 100 rounds and the gun was FTF the rounds. The plating on the bullets was all over the slide. So it needs a good cleaning. I'll never buy plated bullets again.

Best part is that I am a pretty good shot. I mean that. While the kiddies were at the burma with their glock 40's and 1911 knock offs I had my little 9mm HiPoint and would shoot at whatever Jr Glock Boy was aiming at. Yeah, its a dick move, but he looked at the HiPoint and said he'd never want one. So when he would shoot at a bowling pin and miss with his high powered 'forty' I would make it dance with my little 9. I was having a good time till the jams... after the second one (and I noticed the plating flakes) I quietly left.
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Off-Topic