MVPA... still 'trying'

News, events, issues/items of the day. Does not need to be MV specific.

MVPA... still 'trying'

Postby pfarber » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:09 pm

SO out of idle curiosity I decided to see what's up with the TACOM docs that were dumped to the MVPA. It seems that they are housed at the WWII Victory Museum in IN.

So a little more digging and I found this gem:

Re: SITREP article in Army Motors

Postby Kevin Lockwood » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:11 pm

4. Currently we are trying to move into the 21st century. i.e. e-mag, archived articles and manuals for our members, TACOM vehicle parts drawings on electronic files. etc. All this takes time. HQ had to update there computers before we could even start on these endeavors. We are in the process of making sure our content does not violate any rights to information ownership. This has been pursued by individuals who for the most part are not paid or even reimbursed.

WTF? Its been the 21st century for over 12 years!!!!! The TACOM docs have been in whatever group the MVPA selected for over what, 10 years and I have yet to find anything useful about them (not that I really looked that hard).

They are still looking for computers? Protip: WAL-FUCKING-MART has them for like $400. I'd GIVE them a professional scanner if they put the documents out in the public domain. I've offered my services as an IT guy since I first heard of the project. Have they reached out to corps in the document handling space for help?

Meet the new boss... same as the old boss.
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Re: MVPA... still 'trying'

Postby pfarber » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:20 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA they have a problem with email spammers! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Re: SITREP article in Army Motors

Postby Tom Wolboldt » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:39 pm
Hi Raven,

Tried to make that point but the MVPA geniuses over there thought it was a brilliant idea to exclude 90% of posters by preventing free email accounts like gmail.

I am the GENIUSE referred above!!!! Yes, gmail is blocked until a member asks to have it unblocked to registrer ( gmail is fine to use once you are signed up ) unless you have a way to otherwise block the 20 or so spammers using gmail per day taking up my time to delete them from the site. We / I am all ears to hear your suggection.

Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME. You don't have a CAPTCHA to rule that shit out? No wonder the MVPA is flatline... these new fangled com-pu-ters are just to dang burned complicated.

Dear God I can't believe this is an ACTUAL PROBLEM.

Hew, nit wits of the MVPA (you have proven that you have earned that title) I can drag your low tech asses into the 21st century (its been a dozen years, btw). I'll even do it in the background so the feeble minds of the 'upper echelon' will never know it was me.

BTW I ban fee email accounts not because of spammers, but because they are throw away accounts and if you ban/delete someone with a throw away account they can come right back.

The MVPA has no chance with these dinosaurs in charge.
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Off-Topic