Midway USA vs Ebay.. the winner is....

News, events, issues/items of the day. Does not need to be MV specific.

Midway USA vs Ebay.. the winner is....

Postby pfarber » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:25 pm

I needed to get set up on 9mm so that means a new shell plate and head for my Loadmaster (I set the dies once and just change the heads).

I go to MidwayUSA. I rarely order from these assholes becuase they make a HUGE PROFIT from shipping. For a single shell plate and head these are my shipping options:

midwaylee2.JPG
midwaylee2.JPG (39.53 KiB) Viewed 2079 times

midwaylee1.JPG
midwaylee1.JPG (39.33 KiB) Viewed 2079 times

$5.36 for a package? Not bad? YES IT'S HORRIBLE. 8 day shipping time! A week PLUS! Now if I try and buy 2 shell plates and a head to use the $10 off $50 order code the shipping goes to 'UPS GROUND' for $18.19!!! And all I did was add a shell plate and the code! RIP-FUCKING-OFF.

Now lets go to ebay... I find a seller that has the same items, a #19 shell plate and a 5 hole head:
ebaylee.JPG
ebaylee.JPG (51.8 KiB) Viewed 2079 times

So for all of $3 more than MidwayUSA I get the same items in less than 4 days. For 4 day service from Midway I would have to get the PREMIUM shipping at $20+ charge.

The ebay seller is in Maryland.. so I save on shipping time and costs. Usually I WOULD opt to save the $3 and wait.. but 8 days? No, that's not a good value when for $3 I can shave a WEEK off the shipping time.

People say they hate eBay... I hate *ANY* company that makes a PROFIT off shipping. Shipping is a COST I PAY. You had better justify every nickle of it or I will find a better value... and with the Internet that's generally not a hard thing to do.
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Off-Topic