Wow 2 crappy ebay purchases in a row

News, events, issues/items of the day. Does not need to be MV specific.

Wow 2 crappy ebay purchases in a row

Postby pfarber » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:32 pm

So its time to fix the AC in my 97 ZJ. Parts are not expensive so I head off to ebay to find a close seller that can get the parts here in 2-3 days.

So I order an accumulator/dryer from a place in MD, a liquid line from a place NJ, a return line from a place in NY and a vacuum pump from CA. Like $120 in parts.

The scumbag that listed the accumulator/dryer never shipped.. had to open an ebay case to get a refund (and waste 2 weeks).
The place in NJ 'forgot' to ship the line, and did so only after I opened an ebay case. Showed up 3 days later... and doesn't fit.... will have to try and bend it. Its a $16 line so no big deal if I ruin it.

The place in CA sends me a vacuum pump but the oil leaked out and I got a pump with oil all over it. But they did include a bottle of oil.. so other than having to clean it up, not a huge deal.. but I have not turned it on yet so it still may be broke.

The *ONLY* place to come through was carpartsking who managed to send me the right hose. So I then ordered an accumulator/dryer from them also.

Usually I don't have issues with ebay... but damn... two major issues (these were sellers with 10k and 20k transactions).

I guess on ebay having 98% positive rating still is not enough... 99% is the lowest I will go from now on.
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Re: Wow 2 crappy ebay purchases in a row

Postby pfarber » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:20 am

So the place in MD simply refunded my money and I gave them a Negative feedback.

The other place in NY that finally sent the part also got a Negative feedback because they missed the date, I had to open a case AND the part does not fit.

So the scumbags from NY have contacted me 6 times(!) to retract the Negative feedback that they earned. I finally gave in and cancelled the transaction as the part was garbage (there was no way that liquid line was ever going to fit a 97ZJ) and ended up buying a line from Advance Auto for $33.
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Re: Wow 2 crappy ebay purchases in a row

Postby pfarber » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:23 pm

Well I though getting a part from Advance Auto with the words 'EXACT FIT FOR YOUR 97 Grand Cherokee' would solve my problems. NOPE.

I go to the store and they get the part. The condenser port is about 6 inches from the exaporator port (ie the hose was bent in a u-shape and not a straight line about 4ft long.

As soon as I saw it I said 'that's not the part I ordered' and showed then the receipt with the photo of the part I did order. The look at the part numbers and say, with all seriousness 'THAT'S THE RIGHT PART'.

I looked at them held up the photo, and said 'no, this is the right part.. whatever is in that bag is not what I ordered'.

No shit they then said 'did you enter your vehicle info correctly?'. My reply... lets walk out to the truck and you can see what the right part looks like.

After being told I entered my truck info wrong (I didn't) or ordered the wrong part (its the same part for ZJs from like 94-98) and other complete bull I asked for my money back.

I then went 100ft down the road to an Autozone, ordered the same part, same part number, same price and lo and behold GOT THE RIGHT PART!!!!!

Its sad that the guys at Advance simply went with what the computer said even though the part was obviously wrong in the bag. Even after I showed them the correct part installed in a jeep they insisted that the part was right and that I some how managed to order it wrong.

Like they could somehow convince me to keep the part that would not fit....
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Off-Topic