Back from China!

News, events, issues/items of the day. Does not need to be MV specific.

Back from China!

Postby pfarber » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:49 am

Spent 15 days in China... Beijing and Xi'an. Had a good time.. did all the 'local' stuff. Only ate western food (Pizza Hut) ONCE in two weeks. My shits were intense and aromatic.. to say the least.

High speed rail is AWESOME.

hsrail.JPG
hsrail.JPG (25.12 KiB) Viewed 2268 times

Pollution is a real thing in China. I was knocked out for two days because of it. When I left my friend was still suffering from it. Its really, really, really bad. I might go so far as to send a 'thank you' letter to the EPA for not letting businesses fuck up our air that bad. I mean for two days I basically breathed exhaust fumes. I was asked if I wanted to go to the hospital. I passed. I'd rather fight it out in the hotel than be part of the Chinese medical system. I have no faith in their ability to help me at a Chinese hospital.. and yes, I did visit a hospital. It is not like what you and I call a hospital... it is very, very, different.

I did manage to avoid the squat toilets. So yay me for not blowing shit on the back of my legs (the key it to really get low...really really low). But I did eat parts of animals that I would rather not recall. Chinese people have figured out that if you dip anything is a sauce it can taste good.

I am much better for the experience. But I am not planning to leave the good Ol' USA anytime soon. Did I mention the pollution is bad?
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Off-Topic