Jeep ZJ starter died. LONG LIVE THE JEEP ZJ STARTER!

News, events, issues/items of the day. Does not need to be MV specific.

Jeep ZJ starter died. LONG LIVE THE JEEP ZJ STARTER!

Postby pfarber » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:01 am

Well after just over 18 years my starter died on the ol 97 Jeep ZJ. It happened about two weeks ago buy I thought it was the battery and after a jump start it worked, but just a little slower to crank the motor. As luck would have it the first time it died was in my garage's drive way.. The Jeep Gods smiled upon me that day.

Yesterday it died again, this time in FRONT of my house (the Jeep Gods must really like me!) as we were in it ready to go to Kneobols Amusement Park for the day. I told Andi and Tina that if I were to fix the starter it would take about 2 hours (to go get one and install it) or we could take the GPW (the park is about 30 miles away). They opted for the GPW. So we all piled into my 1942 Ford GPW and went to the amusement park for the day. Had the top on. BIG mistake. Spent 40 minutes getting slapped in the head by canvas... both ways.

On the way home stopped at Advance Auto for a starter ($59 vs $25 for a junk yard one... bought the new of course).

So far this year I've spent about $100 on parts for my ZJ. Car payments can suck it!
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Off-Topic