March 1941 build HAHAHAHAHAHA NO! $18,000

News, events, issues/items of the day. Does not need to be MV specific.

March 1941 build HAHAHAHAHAHA NO! $18,000

Postby pfarber » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:43 am

I was going to put this in the CCKW section but its just so funny that I'd rather see it in the 'off topic' section. I MUST has mentioned this before... but here we go:

"MARCH 1941 build"

http://militaryvehicleweb.com/vehicle/1 ... h-trailer/

The selling site has absolutely NO credibility (I remember IMA-USA doing the same thing with a jeep... posting obvious bullshit. When I called them out on it here they actually tried to post that they were 'only posting the information that the seller provided'. NO, you sell a vehicle you have to do a modicum of research otherwise, you know, fraud and stuff.. not that used car salesmen have any sort of credibility to begin with).

While some may argue they are decoding the 'C' in 'CCKW' I still have to say bullshit. The 'C' means the year it was designed (or model year), not 'build' or 'built'.

Also the owner of this truck is here:

http://www.90thidpg.us/Vehicles/90th/CCKW/index.html

They want $18k for this. Another travesty. All based on a 'rebuild' (a krylon rebuild) 15 years ago. The trailer is added in, but again, its valued at $3k? For a steel ben hur? Whaa??? I won't mention the spare tire on it; *could* be a very rare power genny trailer (sure it is hahaha)... that was supposed to be towed by a Dodge and the Dodge had a different tire size that would not fit the trailer, so the made a spare carrier.. IRL you would not see a spare tire carrier on a trailer behind a truck with 7.5x20's.. they would use the spare on the towing vehicle.

Any CCKW owner knows that the frame number could date this 1942 truck to within a month or two of the build date, and could even get a close USA Registration numbers (God I love the TM10's and all the CCKW goodness they contain).. but the selling site and the owner have little interest in that... they want you to give them $18,000 (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA) and trust them.
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Off-Topic