New CCKW Owner... What have I done???

Anything not covered in the specific categories above.

New CCKW Owner... What have I done???

Postby SpookyDad » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:07 pm

Hello all.

I am a brand new CCKW onwer. I am so new, I don't even have the truck in my posession yet. It is a 1943 GMC CCKW set up as a Fire truck. I am not planning on leaving it in this configuration.

I am a German reenactor so I plan to convert it to a German radio van. Yes I am aware that most people think I am nuts for attempting this. I have never let that stop me before.

I won't be needing the pump from the front of the truck. If anyone is interested or can tell me what it is worth, please let me know.

I am brand new to both WWII vehicles and CCKWs. If anyone in the Houston area is willing to help me learn, I would be greatful.
Attachments
bb2e_3.jpg
The current configuration
bb2e_3.jpg (86.01 KiB) Viewed 2262 times
kfz 71.jpg
Final configuration
kfz 71.jpg (103.7 KiB) Viewed 2262 times
SpookyDad

What have you done??

Postby retro-roco » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:12 pm

What you have done SO FAR, pales in comparison to what you are proposing to do! What a shame! I actually thougth about buying that truck too. How sad...
retro-roco
Motor Sergeant

Postby pfarber » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:24 pm

Sad that it not going back to USGI config, its look very complete, but its your call.

If you have any parts to sell, there are always plenty of takers. Looks like its pretty preserved with the nice red paint. Lucky you... generally CCKWs have 2-4 different colors to show off.

Lemme know if you want to sell the cab.. need a new floor and side panels.
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to General