Rex Ward - Keeper of the GMC parts!

Anything not covered in the specific categories above.

Rex Ward - Keeper of the GMC parts!

Postby pfarber » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:31 am

If you have not heard of Rex Ward then you haven't looked very hard for CCKW parts on the interwebs. While his site mostly deals with DUKW parts, he has a massive inventory of GMC parts. Evidently he recently scored a stash of new items from a fellow UK collector. Here's an article from http://www.hmvf.co.uk about Mr. Ward:

Rex Ward - The GMC Man Buys... PDF Print E-mail
Written by Administrator
Friday, 23 October 2009 10:55

Rex Ward buy's GMC stock. Now has the largest stock in Europe.

Rex Ward Auto Engs Ltd has just completed clearing the Gmc stock of the late Alan Chapman.
Alan had traded in Gmc parts for many years but never bothered to go to shows or advertise his stock.

Some very rare parts have come to light and can be found listed on Rex's web site http://www.dukw.co.uk under spares.
WARNING - READING THE STOCK LIST COULD DAMAGE YOUR SIGHT.

575 items are listed and Rex thinks there is possible about another 300 small parts not listed.

While this is an old announcement I just stumbled upon the HMVF site and already have gotten some hard to find in the USA parts.

So add Mr. Ward to your list. The exchange rate is not to bad, shipping is generally fast and he has access to parts that the USA vendors can only dream of.
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Re: Rex Ward - Keeper of the GMC parts!

Postby Jeremy1608 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:08 am

I confirm that Mr Ward is a very good dealer.

He always tries to help you.

He has new exhaust pipes for our cckw. The quality seems to be good.

Jérémy
Jeremy1608

Postby Vulture » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:48 am

I can echo this. I visited him recently, he was a nice guy to deal with, and a mine of useful information.

Cheers

Vulture
Vulture

Postby pfarber » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:42 pm

If you get up that way again ask if its OK to post some pics of his place. I'll probably never get to visit his shop, but would be nice to see what its like.
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Postby Vulture » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:46 am

pfarber wrote:If you get up that way again ask if its OK to post some pics of his place. I'll probably never get to visit his shop, but would be nice to see what its like.

Sure, happy to do so. I will no doubt will be calling again at some stage. I work away from home in Bristol for 3 days a week, and if I go the southern route home (about 20 miles longer) which takes me on the M4 I go almost right past his place. He rents a bunch of farm buildings in the middle of a working farm accessed down a long overgrown semi-tarmaced track, and stores some stuff in double length ISO containers. First impression was that he has a huge amount of stock squeezed into some tight areas. Virtually none of it is labelled up :roll: , but he was able to lay his hands on the bits I wanted straight way :) His office is a tiny little affair about 12' x 8' just off a main workshop (which has a pit) which can easily accommodate a CCKW.
Vulture

Return to General