44 Open cab, wood bed.

This is a test forum to highlight the best and worst of the CCKWs on the road. It will be HEAVILY MODERATED. If you post a critique, you BETTER have a TM, Part number or Reference to back it up... otherwise it will not be approved. Basically its to discuss running CCKWs and point out the good, bad, and things that need further explored. Since there are so many new CCKW owners hopefully this can become a guide of sorts.

44 Open cab, wood bed.

Postby pfarber » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:50 am

Here's what would seem a nice 44 open cab. I did try to contact the web site to get an exact SN, but the e-mail bounce. So, here we go.

Original pics are located at:
http://www.1qmc.org/my_truck_website/1944cckw.html

cckw-1.jpg
No way a 44 has a GMC logo. The grill has been altered for petcock access. At one time a 2nd mirror was added. All these should be removed/filled.
cckw-1.jpg (9.47 KiB) Viewed 2473 times

cckw-2.jpg
I'm not 100% sure about the hood number, USA missing and wrong font and have a -S. Also the running board should have tool mounts for a 44. Wood steering wheels should also be present.
cckw-2.jpg (16.67 KiB) Viewed 2473 times

They didn't show any cab or engine pics.

These seem to be the most common errors, and also appear to be a tell that the truck was used post war by European allies (Marshal Plan? NATO? MRAP/MDAP?)

Looks like a solid truck, the wood bed is looks good but was missing some rear end stuff (socket, lights, reflectors). I give this truck a C, its an average turck with minimal work to get it green and back on the road.

If you spot something I missed, or have information that contradicts what I have pointed out, please post.
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Critiques