More govenors... he'll never learn!

He's the modern version of Joe Dope! I respectfully and solemnly dedicate this forum to the great one. These posts are moderated.. so if you want to post, they will not immediately appear.

More govenors... he'll never learn!

Postby pfarber » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:50 pm

The thread was initially about how Von Rostenstiel sold me a 'proper' CCKW governor that I ordered by PART NUMBER. I got a POS. Its all in the thread.

http://www.cckw.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=451

"Postby joel gopan » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:51 am
Don't monkey with the Gov, as there are internal parts that are delicate, and have no replacements, there are springs and weights that must be calibrated by specialized tool kits, and do not attempt to clean by dipping in solvents.
Joel"

Four things:
I have not ONE, but TWO rebuild kits of these parts that have 'no replacements'.

The internal parts are delicate? Which ones? The only delicate part is the governor housing proper.. the cast tabs that hold the metal filter covers in place (there is even a warning about it in the TM10's).

What weights? There is one coil spring. The only adjustment is NOT super critical (well, as critical as RPM gauges of the era can get you) I don't think he has the TM10 to refer to.

Don't dip it in solvent to clean it? Are you SURE?!?!?!?!?!

Whats great is that he states that you must use the 'more accurate' later TM's. Hey, Bend Me Over, what TM9 has the governor rebuild procedure? I know that the proper step by step process is in the TM10's. I would *guess* that the TM9-1802A might?

The thread is classic Joel Bend Me Over Gopan. Its got it all.. him not knowing what he's talking about, him going off on tangents, him quoting the wrong TMs.... if it were a movie I would give it three stars. hahahahah
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Re: More govenors... he'll never learn!

Postby pfarber » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:02 pm

This is CLASSIC:

"You did not read your manual correctly, it plainly indicated it was superseded by GM-2136480."

Yet the governor that I was sent from the vendor was a MONARCH Model 753-52!

Hey look up MONARCH Model 753-52 in your "private Library, which has information on 5th Echelon Maintenance. Some of what is contained conflicts with the SNLs, but I consider it to be accurate, as it originates from the Technical Service Manager at GMC Truck and Coach Division, Pontiac Michigan. "

And then tell me that the FSN for it is. hahahahahahah

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA What a rube!

Yeah.. *I* can't 'read your manual correctly'.
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Things Dover/Gopan/WWII Truck is wrong about