Harrison Heater.... He's wrong about those to!

He's the modern version of Joe Dope! I respectfully and solemnly dedicate this forum to the great one. These posts are moderated.. so if you want to post, they will not immediately appear.

Harrison Heater.... He's wrong about those to!

Postby pfarber » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:35 am

From http://www.g503.com/forums///////viewto ... 8&start=15

Re: NOS CCKW HEATER KITS

Postby Ben Dover » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:21 pm
These heaters for the CCKW Open/Closed Cab are 1944 and later vintage, they are made specifically for the CCKW firewall configuration and not CJ 2A/3A, or 3B Jeep which are different. If anyone remarks that heaters such as these with "round bosses" are post war and not war time, ignore them as they are of the same mentality that will claim WWII Jeep Steering Wheels are "Navy" and not Army etc.
It should fit your G-506, the only concern is the firewall mounted oil filter which may or may not be in the way.
The early 40's GM trucks had a similar "DeLuxe" Heater with a handle for a damper for the Defroster Air. I doubt that the pundits filling you with doubt are old enough to have witnessed a Civilian Truck with the heater the CCKW kit was patterned after. I used to ID GM heaters in order to supply OEM Delco blower motorsback in the old days when the parts were current. I still have the heater Motor List somewhere, but the OEM motors are obsolete.

As usual if you LOOK AT THE INSTALLATION MANUAL THAT COMES WITH THE HEATER you'll see that there is no boss. The boss is a post war addition for the deluxe model that incorporates an internal louver.

heaterboss.JPG

This is what they put in Willys CJs post war

heaterTM001.jpg

This is a photo of a real life WWII Harrison heater... where is the boss?

heaterTMcover002.jpg

Hey Bendy me over..... This is a manual.. you may want to invest is one.
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Things Dover/Gopan/WWII Truck is wrong about