Inyuasha

Enter at your own risk. I have no desire to start another site so this is really for things that I am interested in but have nothing to do with MVs.

Feel free to post/contribute. The same rules apply as the rest of the site.

Inyuasha

Postby pfarber » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:31 am

I actually burned through Inyuasha a while ago.. both the series and the movies. While Inyuasha is anime in both the style and subject I think that a case could be made that it would be a great US t.v. series and I believe it has been shown on Cartoon Network. Wiki says that over 1,000,000 Inyuasha DVDs were sold in the US since 2003.

The plot is fairly solid and it is a quest type series. Character development is pretty good and I had much more interest in the Miroku and Sango relationship than Inyuasha/Kagome/Kikyo triangle. I mean I really, really got tired of hearing Inyuasha yelling 'KAGOME!!!' over and over and over and over. The supporting cast of good and bad guys is pretty good, Inyuasha's older brother Sesshomaru could have supported a series in his own right. Character development abounds and just about every major and minor character has an arc that gives them depth (with over 100 episodes ya gotta do something to fill the time). But I still liked the Miroku and Sango arc the most.. they had the most consistent progression... whereas Inyasha bounced back and forth between his quest to kill Naraku, his old flame Kikyo and Kagome. Kagome is sort of a mess as she jumps between confident archer/heroine and hapless victim as the episode/storyline needs her to. I really liked the (and wanted more) episodes of Kagome in modern Japan (on 'this' side of the Bone Eaters Well). The classic 'fish out of water' comedy of a feudal era half-demon in a modern Japan was funny and could have been further explored.

I will say that my favorite episode is 'Kagura's Wind' where Kagura, although mortally wounded, is attended to by Sesshomaru, who wanted to use Tenseiga's power of healing to save her... but he soon realized that her body was to far gone for even the magical sword to save her (even though it has previously brought back many others from death). Her final words betray her true feelings toward the pure blood demon prince "It's alright now...I was able to see you...One last time..." (this changes depending on if its manga, anime, dubbed, subbed or fandubed) the voice acting is very good and the image of Kagura in the field of flowers before she dies is pretty intense. Hands down best episode of the series.

kgdeath2.PNG
kgdeath2.PNG (316.97 KiB) Viewed 1948 times

When I was a kid I had to put up with Scrappy-Doo. I was so robbed as a child.
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Way off topic. I mean it.. nothing MV related. You have been warned.