White Album Season 1

Enter at your own risk. I have no desire to start another site so this is really for things that I am interested in but have nothing to do with MVs.

Feel free to post/contribute. The same rules apply as the rest of the site.

White Album Season 1

Postby pfarber » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:54 am

God this this snore fest... I really have to research anime as it seems that anything derived from any sort of Visual Novel suffers the same faults... shitty first season, then a revelation of 'of fuck, that sucked!' and a much better second season is written.

White Album is about music idols.. and I knew I was in for an uphill battle as musicians really bore me to death with their obsession to be famous... I'm not sure if narcissistic is the proper term but yeah.. self centered fucks is what I call them.

Like I said this was really a snore fest.. some guy Fujii something, in college and his girlfriend Yuki something is on her way to be a 'idol'. So yeah, shitty 3rd rate music (only 3 songs for 26 episodes?) and so many arcs all trying to do three things: get this Fujii guy laid (he fucks *everything*), try and build some sort of drama between the main characters, and try to end the season with some sort of climax (not Fujii's... really that dude has fucked everyone in this anime). There is another play, no shit.. every anime seems to revolve around a festival or play, and more BS about paintings.. its all a complete mess and then someone's dad dies.. I think.. and then Fujii fucks some chick in his dead dad's house 'one last time'... really its a mess.

There is no nudity.. so that's a good thing.

Whats funny is that even the wiki article that lists all the episodes.. after the 7ths episode there are no notes.. just the name. Its like the entire internet said 'why?' and never even added synopsis's to the damn wiki page.. that is HILARIOUS. And shows how bad and convoluted this first season is. Not only that but most White Album web sites are dead or do not even mention it, or just give the basic production info.

One character I will mention is Yayoi

wa1.JPG
wa1.JPG (17.26 KiB) Viewed 2033 times

Who is a 'talent manager' and all around empty shell. No only does she serve as a toy for Fujii, when told to 'get undressed and lick my shoes' she ACTUALLY starts to get undressed to lick this dudes shoes. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK, Japan? I know that the culture is pretty misogynistic ... but JEEZUS this was a broadcast t.v. show. Belittle women much?

wa2.JPG
wa2.JPG (22.01 KiB) Viewed 2033 times

By this episode Yayoi has already admitted and shown us that that she is an empty shell doing whatever (and I mean WHATEVER) she is told... but this was a 9.5 on the
creepy-shit-I've-seen-in-an-anime meter.

Not sure if I will watch White Album 2. Its gotten very good reviews... but I don't know if I'm up for it.

No fuck-marry-kill on this one... kill them all. None of these characters have any redeeming qualities.
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Way off topic. I mean it.. nothing MV related. You have been warned.