Attack on Titan.. huge stupid naked giants are stupid

Enter at your own risk. I have no desire to start another site so this is really for things that I am interested in but have nothing to do with MVs.

Feel free to post/contribute. The same rules apply as the rest of the site.

Attack on Titan.. huge stupid naked giants are stupid

Postby pfarber » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:44 am

I watched Attack on Titan (AoT) earlier this year and have run across a lot of reviews giving the series very high ratings.... yeah... NO.

AoT is unique in that is has a strong (although slow) start and then fizzels out in a slow death as the the stupid naked giants are replaced because there is really no plot where they can sustain a long series. So first you get the 'Colossal' titan that is 10x the size of the average Titan for the first two episodes as it is the only thing that can break into the city. Then its gone... replaced with the huge stupid naked people eating the humans and causing the events that force the main characters into their roles. But after the first 3-4 episodes of long, boring yelling/screaming/crying/dying you learn that the main character is ACTUALLY a titan in human form.... yeah. Think shity Dr. Bruce Banner turns into the hulk ripoff. I really don't see how most reviews never mention this.. AoT is basically The Hulk vs She Hulk. Then, since huge stupid naked giants are pretty useless as the sole plot we find out there is an anatomically correct FEMALE 'leader' that shows intelligence and SHE becomes the major plot. And since this new giant naked lady is actually a 'she hulk' aka a human that is cognizant of her ability, the last 3-4 episodes are about tracking her down. They find out who she is, the main character Hulks up, she Hulks up and they fight... end of season.

So shit happens, people die, the series ends in what is unfortunately a typical shitty anime ending where nothing is resolved.

The animation is pretty good... lots of depth of field shots and the '3d gear' (aka spiderman suits) are neat... but really all those scenes do is give you an adrenaline rush to wake you up from the stupor the actual show/dialog has put you in.

The premise is a good one, the 3d gear is neat.. but useless unless you are in a city or forest and really, other than those arched back zipping through the streets shots there is little real action.. so when the action is good its good.. but its not frequent enough to sustain the entire series.. many, many later episodes never even use the gear.

I don't see how this rates anything above a 5 or 6.. the plot and characters trail off after the mid point and the ending is a real 'what the fuck' when you consider that nothing is resolved and there is not even a good cliff hanger for a possible second season... and I don't think there will be.

No fuck, marry, kill.. I hope the Titans eat every one of these boring ass characters.

This is the final hulk vs she hulk fight..
shehulk.PNG
shehulk.PNG (416.64 KiB) Viewed 1913 times

Think lots of screaming and buildings getting destroyed.. then she hulk runs off. End of season.
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Way off topic. I mean it.. nothing MV related. You have been warned.