Melody of Oblivion - nekkid people, space and vasoline

Enter at your own risk. I have no desire to start another site so this is really for things that I am interested in but have nothing to do with MVs.

Feel free to post/contribute. The same rules apply as the rest of the site.

Melody of Oblivion - nekkid people, space and vasoline

Postby pfarber » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:08 pm

Well... I'm on the fence... Melody of Oblivion (MoO) started out OK... almost like a standard 'quest to kill the evil king' story with the typical love interest with big boobs. And for the first 3-4 episodes the development of the lead (think young Jedi finding his powers) Bocca and (street wise runaway type girl) Sayoko is pretty good. They form a bond as Bocca blindly fights the monsters. We never really see a monster as they all take human form... and other than requiring a child as a sacrifice (food?) every month life after the war to end all wars seems pretty normal.

Sure society, for the most part, has accepted that children are food, but hey... death and taxes... what are you gonna do. But for these 'Warriors of Melos' and their tattoos that give arrows magical light power this life is unacceptable and they fight.

Shit happens.. like a giant mechanical mouse robot, the 'Monster Union' (and the Nazi salute... there HAS to be a Nazi salute while yelling 'viva Monster Union!'.. I mean otherwise it would be plain ridiculous), a giant robot horse.. and of course... covering nekkid young flesh in 'biogel' and fighting 3/5ths nekkid in space on motorcycles that are people. THEN THE SHIT REALLY GETS WEIRD hahahahahahaha

Honestly the series goes to pot after the Tokyo Station arc (Episodes 18,19 and 20)... so just stop after that one... once they are in space (yeah, space) shit is wierd and makes no sense... there really is no coherent story at this point. There is a flying pig robot.. but other than that... just turn it off... there is no satisifying ending and to be honest I'm not sure if anyone survived... I mean we see Sayoko take an arrow to the heart... then show up a minute later with Bocca like nothing happened (while still fighting monsters that want to eat kids).

I do think that Episodes 18,19 and 20 are the best for character development and Sayoko really pushes her feelings for Bocca (dude.. fuck her already. I mean she is throwing herself at you) and the note that she leaves for Bocca is pretty intense. The zenith of the their relationship start when Bocca shoot an arrow with a message for her telling her he wants to marry her and to wait for him. But whaa whaa Bocca chooses to fight the monsters (in space) rather than be with her.... I mean come dude.. she just wanted a pretend wedding to show her love for you... its like 5 minutes plus you could grab a quickie before you know... going off into space to ride motorcycles. hahahaha

After episode 20 fuck it. They just draw random scenes with even more random dialog... and then cows are girls in bikinis that get milked... wait... what the fuck did I just miss???

So yeah... turn it off.. watch Big Bang Theory reruns.

Time for Fuck, Marry, Kill! Left to right:

Coco: Fuck, No reason...
Sayoko: Marry, she's actually a person.. and boobs
Tone: Kill, weak character, to timid. No really sure why she is even in the series.

mooc.PNG
mooc.PNG (93.12 KiB) Viewed 1814 times
moos.PNG
moos.PNG (116.59 KiB) Viewed 1814 times
moost.PNG
moost.PNG (149.32 KiB) Viewed 1814 times
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Way off topic. I mean it.. nothing MV related. You have been warned.