Kaichou wa Maid-sama!

Enter at your own risk. I have no desire to start another site so this is really for things that I am interested in but have nothing to do with MVs.

Feel free to post/contribute. The same rules apply as the rest of the site.

Kaichou wa Maid-sama!

Postby pfarber » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:35 am

Meh.

That's about all I can say about this anime... 26 episodes and while the first 15 and last 4 are ok, there are some meanderings that really are not much more than filler.

It a good series... but I would not buy it. The English dub I found was horrible audio wise... but if you watch it on youtube the sub's quality if very good. It relies on some very Japanese humor so be prepared for scenes that fall flat for western viewers.

The animation itself is standard, the music is standard... all around just an average series.

The end? Well there is sort of a solid ending.. I mean Misaki kinda accepts Usui at the end.. sort of... I mean he goes through the motions but she never really gives in. What is surprising for an anime written in 2010 is that Usui give Misaki the backhand quite a few times. So yeah.. smacking the shit out a woman is a thing in anime. I would say its not gratuitous.. I mean the smacks do fit into the plot.. but damn... Misaki is kinda of a punching bag at times.

If you do not have much to do this series will kill a week or two of casual viewing... but don't think there will be many feels either dramatically or romantically.
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Way off topic. I mean it.. nothing MV related. You have been warned.