Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Enter at your own risk. I have no desire to start another site so this is really for things that I am interested in but have nothing to do with MVs.

Feel free to post/contribute. The same rules apply as the rest of the site.

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Postby pfarber » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:51 pm

Wow... I got this anime from a list of '100 best anime' from Reddit and I have to say it is a very, very good series.

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo is about a school dorm of 'misfits' that well, bond and become friends and do all the typical school days/slice of life/romance-drama things that you expect. Its go tall the tropes covered, but in a very well done way.

I really liked the animation (its a fairly recent series, 2013) and the speech that Misaki gives at the end really makes the feels.

Bonus is that Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo actually wraps up the series is a very satisfying and well done way.. which as anyone who watches drama anime knows is really quite unusual.

The good-bye scenes as they depart on their separate ways is also pretty good. Hits all the right spots and the gift that Jin gives Misaki is just really, really well done and unexpected.

Watch this if you want a highly satisfying and well done series. The first few episodes of where Kanda is assigned "Mashiro Duty" is quite funy but does get a bit old... I think it was a very well done plot point to have her grow out of her 'dependent' phase.. and her realizing her feelings for Kanda and dealing with them is also well done... if dealt with in the typical stunted holding-hands-is-third-base-in-Japan kind of way. I
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Way off topic. I mean it.. nothing MV related. You have been warned.