Kill la Kill

Enter at your own risk. I have no desire to start another site so this is really for things that I am interested in but have nothing to do with MVs.

Feel free to post/contribute. The same rules apply as the rest of the site.

Kill la Kill

Postby pfarber » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:14 pm

Burning through this anime on Netflix (english sub only) and this is another good example of why you should never take an amine review to seriously (except mine hahaha).

The glass reflection guy (who makes like $2k a month reviewing anime videos) said that this series would be mindless and gratuitous (but well short of ecchi) and that its not really much more than fight scenes. Well, yeah, its a revenge story with a 17 year old female protagonist. But 6 episodes in I can say that Tristan is dead wrong. Sure there are lots of fight scenes (like kill bill level stuff) but the fights are really more puzzles than violence... every one of Ruyko's opponents has a 'power' that she must figure out how to overcome... its not just magical suits and the good guy/girl wins.

The back story of Ruyko's father and the evolution of the Life Fiber and how they are made/used to make the Goku Uniforms is pretty good (so far, only 6 eps in).

The quality of the animation is average... and the humor is definitely Japanese.. but even I have found many parts funny... even though most are at the expense of Ruyko and her very skimpy Kamui named Senketsu.

I'm not saying that Kill la Kill is a masterpiece of Japanese anime, but if you like strong female protagonists, some humor and lots of action (even if the animation of said action is not on par with 2014's level) then yeah, frack that Tristan guy and watch Kill la Kill.
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Re: Kill la Kill

Postby pfarber » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:12 pm

Holy Life Threads Batman PLOT FRACKNG TWIST!

Damn this is a pretty good series. Not sure why Tristan gave it such a negative review.. but man from Ep 15 on the series has been great.

Can't wait to see how it ends.

Here's what some Kill la Kill cosplay.. well done. Now ask yourself why would you NOT watch this series??

klk.JPG
klk.JPG (70.71 KiB) Viewed 2478 times
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Re: Kill la Kill

Postby pfarber » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:49 pm

SPOILERS:

HOLY SHIT THEY WERE SISTERS!!! And that was their MOTHER!!!! The Life Fibers used exploding planets to reproduce! God damn it Japan how do you make a rare epic anime like Kill la Kill when you can't get a plot for a romantic comedy right to save your lives?

Mako is awesome and at the end when Ryoko calls Satsuki 'sister' I'll admit that I got a little misty.... yeah, I'm a sucker for a strong female protagonist that lets her guard down for family.

Episode 24 did get a little long winded with 'but THIS is my secret weapon' after defeating the previous secret weapon... but Ruyko is awesome and if I were to have a Japanese sister I would want it to be her. Hell I think I will call my next dog Ruyko.

I am gonna watch this one again...
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Way off topic. I mean it.. nothing MV related. You have been warned.