Spirited Away

Enter at your own risk. I have no desire to start another site so this is really for things that I am interested in but have nothing to do with MVs.

Feel free to post/contribute. The same rules apply as the rest of the site.

Spirited Away

Postby pfarber » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:41 pm

Well if you ever want to know what Walt Disney would be like if he was Japanese and on an LSD trip watch this movie.

Its like ancient Japanese folk lore crossed with a Grimm's Fairy tale then sprinkled with some Harry Potter... a glorious mix between dragons, spirits, witches, humans and a bath house. Yeah, evidently purgatory in Japan means you work in a bath house for spirits. But its much better than that. The story has some holes, and kinda ends abruptly and on a sweet and sappy high note... but again, pretty good for what it is. Sucks that Lin never gets outs, or that you learn much about her... but since she was really just a supporting character its to be expected. Honestly, the story never really gives much explanation of what is going on, the who or the why are just never discussed. Only information is given to move the plot forward... other than the 4 or 5 main characters everyone else is a disposable piece in the puzzle.

That said the story is a good one, the animation is good and the music is good. The sound is well done and the environment is also an interesting mix of ancient Japan and a Hogwarts like functional-as-needed-when-needed.

Watch it, but I wouldn't buy it.
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Way off topic. I mean it.. nothing MV related. You have been warned.