Made bread. WTF is up with yeast?

Enter at your own risk. I have no desire to start another site so this is really for things that I am interested in but have nothing to do with MVs.

Feel free to post/contribute. The same rules apply as the rest of the site.

Made bread. WTF is up with yeast?

Postby pfarber » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:47 am

I can program in like 6 different languages, can weld and turn a wrench... but for the love of God I can't make a fracking loaf of bread.

It took 4 tries before Andi and I could get the damn dough to rise. I think its because she insisted on using some weird brand we got at an Asian market (maybe Korean yeast doesn't like American flour?) but all the bread we have made so far make a audible THUMP when we drop them. A loaf of bread should not make a THUMPing noise when it hits the table.

5th try was the charm. Evidently its a combination of saran wrap and time. But almost two hours? I gotta find yeast that works a little faster than that.

It wasn't a total success. The bread kinda 'collapsed' under its own weight.. I don't think we let it rise a second time long enough.. or didn't bake it long enough. I still blame the Asian market yeast. Damn foreign yeast.
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Way off topic. I mean it.. nothing MV related. You have been warned.