Harry Potter and Universal Studios... sad.

Enter at your own risk. I have no desire to start another site so this is really for things that I am interested in but have nothing to do with MVs.

Feel free to post/contribute. The same rules apply as the rest of the site.

Harry Potter and Universal Studios... sad.

Postby pfarber » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:19 pm

So Andi and I take a break from the snow and head to FL for a week. Tickets to Universal are bought and we pick Universal over Islands of Adventure mainly because I wanted to see the new HP area.
First, going to Universal in March is fantastic. Weather was 80F+ and lines were small. Still, that fucking Express pass bullshit pisses me off. I'm fine with the people paying the extra for a special line, what pisses me off is the completely random way they pick from the single, Express and normal lines. It really only affected us on one ride (the Hollywood rollercoaster).

The Diagon Ally area was small, and the shops were even smaller. Fucking muggles were gawking and taking photos at every trinket and never buying anything.. just staring slack jawed as their 3 chins struggled to find a place to go to. HP crap was INSANELY EXPENSIVE. The HP ride was good, but very short. And the seats where uncomfortable. The Gringotts bank was awesome, but since the line was really moving we didn't stay the long.. although we did get some photos.

Don't expect to actually SEE Harry, Ron and Hermine (sp?) much... they appeared in the ride for less than 10 seconds and I didn't see much of them in the Diagon alley. If you go JUST for HP, you better get tickets for both parks as there is only 1 HP ride and the shops are infuriatingly small.

I'm still surprised that I paid $28 for 3 apples. Yes. THREE APPLES.
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Way off topic. I mean it.. nothing MV related. You have been warned.