The Meloncholoy of Negato Yuki-chan!!!!

Enter at your own risk. I have no desire to start another site so this is really for things that I am interested in but have nothing to do with MVs.

Feel free to post/contribute. The same rules apply as the rest of the site.

The Meloncholoy of Negato Yuki-chan!!!!

Postby pfarber » Sun May 03, 2015 12:32 pm

HOLY SHIT HARUHI is back! Its like 5 episodes in and have just found out about it?!?!?! WTF internet? I though we were buddies.

Evidently Yuki gets her own manga/anime series with all the major players in it. There are some MAJOR changes from the Haruhi cannon though.

Yuki is just a human girl and has feelings for Kyon... this is actually shown in the movie 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' which is part 4 of the manga series.

I don't get the appeal of the Yuki character from the Haruhi franchise... there she was just a 'data entity'.. a human shell wrapped around an alien 'thing'. But in traditional sci-fi fashion those pesky 'human emotions' cause an anomaly that... fuck it.. watch the movie.

Will have to burn through the 5 episodes and see whats up. Oh please let them draw Haruhi in a pony tail...

hpt.PNG
hpt.PNG (148.42 KiB) Viewed 2902 times
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Re: The Meloncholoy of Negato Yuki-chan!!!!

Postby pfarber » Mon May 04, 2015 9:05 am

managed to watch about half of the first episode or TMoNY and I gotta admit they were right.. they shit canned the Haruhi world and came up with a.. um... vastly different world. The animation is very different, the lines are no inked very dark.. its almost like a pastel drawing... took getting used to. The dialog is about a 10th grade level where Yuki has done little more than whine, whimper, cry and squeal. Kyon is also much more subdued.. like they ground his soul into paste and he's just going through the motions.

About 6 minutes in you do get your first glimpse of Haruhi.... it's a well done tease and only lasts for a second or two. So yay for that. Asahina is also in the first ep. and she is almost identical to her old character visually (both Yuki and Kyon have been 'softened' quite a bit. Asahine is not as timid as before... so that's a good thing.

Will try and burn through the rest of the episode tonight.
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Postby pfarber » Thu May 07, 2015 9:42 am

Got the first 5 episodes of Yuki's series down... meh. Seems like Haruhi is starting to take center stage.. Yuki's shyness is getting irritating and Kyon is a big bag of stupid. Its mixing the original Haruhi universe into the Yuki story and I think that will complicate and muddy the Yuki story... we all know that Kyon and Haruhi are the winning pair from that series. Yuki seems like a mildly retarded, socially inept girl that cannot cook or care for herself. So she better snap out of it or hit her head and go tsundere or something.

Haruhi on the other had is showing a much softer side (a little jealousy, perhaps) and its great to see the other side of her personality. Most of her character seems to be intact (she still is obsessed with aliens, time travelers and espers) but she shows more and more affection to Kyon.. partly due to the little green monster of jealousy inside her.

I've read some spoilers from the Manga.. so I have an idea how it all ends... hope they don't follow the manga 100%... either way, more Haruhi is always welcomed. Yuki, meh...
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Postby pfarber » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:08 am

Finished all 16 episodes.

GIANT SKIP THIS PIECE OF BORING SHIT.

Up till ep 5 it seemed OK.. then Yuki *didn't* get hit by a car and has some mild form or retardation.. I don't know what the fuck happened. But it was boring and slow. Yuki basically grunts ALL THE FUCKING TIME and is treated like a retarded 5 year old.... 'don't eat that, it hot' as the steaming bowl of soup is shown... EVERY. FUCKING. TIME.

Some people just like the Yuki character.... but the Yuki from TMoHS or TDoHS is a much different character than the mumbling fool in TDoNYC.

Skip it, really. It sucks, is slow, and goes no where. It it NOT, in any way, shape or form related to the Hurahi franchise (well, the voice actors are originals... but the art style, plot, and dialog is not).
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Way off topic. I mean it.. nothing MV related. You have been warned.