Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You

Enter at your own risk. I have no desire to start another site so this is really for things that I am interested in but have nothing to do with MVs.

Feel free to post/contribute. The same rules apply as the rest of the site.

Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You

Postby pfarber » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:49 pm

Burned through this one about two weeks ago... pretty good.. it actually has what most anime are missing: a story, character development and a god damn ending hahaha

At times its get repetitive with the 'misunderstandings' as Sawako (or Sadako) just keeps shit all balled up in side her own tiny and fear filled world. But I imagine this is probably pretty normal for unpopular Japanese kids... I know now that i would be the shittyist Japanese kid ever... all that 'asking questions' and 'clarifying answers' would probably drive everyone else insane. So yeah.. lots of 'whaa whaa another misunderstanding??? You silly little Sadako'... but by mid season 2 shit gets old.

I found Chizu to have a much more interesting story than Sawako. Her relationship with Ryu is both complicated and sad because of her crush on his older brother. When Toru tells Chizu that he's getting married I'll admit it... I died a little inside at her reaction... I mean she covered that shit up QUICK and pretended it was all ok. But mad props to Ryu for looking out for her and asking Toru to come back and see her so she can confess to him and at least get to say the words. That arc was just so satisfying considering the clusterfuck of Sadako and Shota.

The end is well, an actual ending. Everything is wrapped up and except for Ayane (who get a slapp'n from her boyfriend.. that scene was both funny and kind fucked up) who is the worlds best wingman for both Sadako and Chizo.. she get to have Jo slobber on her for a while. Not pretty.

Animation is average, but the opening and closings are good. Well thought out plot that does kind of drag mid-season 2. Well worth a watch. There is a live action version but I'm not sure I could take it... unless Chizu was done as well as she was in the anime.
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Way off topic. I mean it.. nothing MV related. You have been warned.