Black Lagoon

Enter at your own risk. I have no desire to start another site so this is really for things that I am interested in but have nothing to do with MVs.

Feel free to post/contribute. The same rules apply as the rest of the site.

Black Lagoon

Postby pfarber » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:15 pm

So Black Lagoon is basically Cowboy Beebop in SE Asia. It does have an International cast (a black dude, a white dude, a Chinese American chick, a Japanese dude, a Russian chick, some Hispanics/Latinos, misc. Asians, the CIA/NSA, NAZI's, Yakuza... basically every bad guy ever). The story is that a bunch of ppl run a torpedo boat to make illegal drug/gun runs and take side jobs and hired guns.

Some shit happens, lots of people get killed and lots of cussing. Revy (Rebbecca) is the main female protagonist and she's one of those 'killers cause she had a shitty childhood' deals. Gets old after a while. Rock, the Jap, is supposed to be the conscience of the group but honestly he just seems to be a pussy more than a mastermind. The 5 part OVA ' Roberta's Blood Trail' tries to show him as some sort of mastermind... nope... fails to pull it off.

The animation is good, the theme song is in 'Japanese English' and not bad, the ending music is the best.. still haunts me... slow, melodic build up... good stuff.

The arcs are very long and the build up's don't justify the pay off. After a while its just hapless henchmen gettin killed while people make snarky remarks.

There is some nudity.. so if cartoon boobs make you cry then skip it.. there are also two twisted kids that go on a murder spree... they are sick little fucks so be ready for dark shit to come from the episodes they are in. Their demise is pretty well done.. one kid is shot to pieces and bleeds out in front of Balalaika as she monologues over his cries for his sister. Not really fun for the whole family.

It good, mindless entertainment with decent animation and shoot out scenes.
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Way off topic. I mean it.. nothing MV related. You have been warned.