No Dropping Out -Back to School at 35

Enter at your own risk. I have no desire to start another site so this is really for things that I am interested in but have nothing to do with MVs.

Feel free to post/contribute. The same rules apply as the rest of the site.

No Dropping Out -Back to School at 35

Postby pfarber » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:45 am

Watched this pretty good (aka hot Japanese Chicks) drama a few weeks ago and thought it was pretty good. Although its really appears to be average standard Japanese t.v. , since I don't watch a lot I have yet to really develop a good basis for whats crap or not.. other than if the girls are pretty.

Basically its about school bullying. Evidently its a big thing in Japan (like I would know) and if you go by the drama *everyone* knows at least one person who committed suicide from bullying. I mean it was the common theme... everyone had a friend or classmate that jumped out a friggen window. I mean in the drama two people do exactly that... one minute 'hey, hi, how are you doing' the next minute face planting on the sidewalk 4 stories down. I mean even a fucking teacher tries to kill himself. Everyone is jumping out the god damn windows.
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Re: No Dropping Out -Back to School at 35

Postby pfarber » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:35 am

Got some time to finish...

Baba is the 35 year old with a fucked up past. If you guessed her mother took a header off the school you win the Japanese Internet! I told you everyone is fucking jumping off the schools in Japan due to bullying. Although the reasons for Baba going back to school are not made clear until the end, the mystery of her presence baffles everyone, well, when they are not busy jumping out of the god damn windows. Anyway, Baba, at the ripe old age of 35 is back in school and its kinda her 'mission' to relive her school days and also save people from the same fate she had. It goes well, but there are other things that make the series progress. Of course she wins the hearts and minds of all but the 'popular kids'.. and by popular that means they are the reason why all the other kids are jumping out of the god damn windows. Add in typical Japanese tropes (festival, sports, school trip) and you have a t.v. show.

Like I said I'm not sure if this show would be considered 'good' or not, but its watch-able and has some good moments. You kind feel for the girl that has to eat in the bathroom (no shit.... that's a thing in Japan. Bullied to the point where you have to eat in the bathroom) and every kid that Baba 'saves' does have sort of a backstory to keep things interesting.

It's also kinda cringe-worthy at certain points.... like the spineless teacher and how out of control the 'popular' students are. But again its a watchable show.
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Way off topic. I mean it.. nothing MV related. You have been warned.