Guitar Center Kicked Amazon's ASS

Enter at your own risk. I have no desire to start another site so this is really for things that I am interested in but have nothing to do with MVs.

Feel free to post/contribute. The same rules apply as the rest of the site.

Guitar Center Kicked Amazon's ASS

Postby pfarber » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:39 pm

So I go an e-drum kit (Yamaha DTX-400K) and wanted to add some pads/symbols.

The Yamaha add on is $99 for a cymbal and stand (PCY90AT). GC and Amazon both list it at $99. It's a standard single zone crash but it has the nice Yamaha design. So I look online and find a US Company (pintech.com) that makes and sells some budget symbols for beginners. Amazon lists the 14 in crash for $41+ship (well, free if I buy $49 worth of stuff.... so either way, $49) GC $36.43 to my door. Saving me $13.

I did order the cymbal stand (Yamaha CYAT500 $39.60 - mostly for the mounting bracket) and a TRS to dual TS break out cable (need to split the trigger puts) from Amazon, the ONLY reason I did that was to get the splitter. GC didn't have one, and I needed to get over $49 to get free shipping (the stand alone + ship was over $49 so I had to spend enough to trigger the free shipping). The kicker is Amazon seems like it WILL take 5-8 days to get it to me. Its been 2 days and still not shipped.

So by playing the shipping/best price game I get a $99 add on for $88.72 but with a bigger and higher rated cymbal/trigger. PLUS the proper cables to use it. To use the PCY90AT I still need another $11 in cables for a total cost of $110.

I just can't see $99 for PRIME membership.. so many garbage add ons that I never use: Amazon online drive (who cares... its not a backup), Amazon music (their player is bloated and ad cluttered - typical shitty app), Amazon video (garbage library and small). While I love the 2 day shipping, I don't want that other crap. They call it 'free'... but free garbage is still garbage. Strip that shit out, make a 'shipping only' option for $80 and I'll get PRIME again.
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Way off topic. I mean it.. nothing MV related. You have been warned.