Sound Euphonium 2 - Good just got gooder

Enter at your own risk. I have no desire to start another site so this is really for things that I am interested in but have nothing to do with MVs.

Feel free to post/contribute. The same rules apply as the rest of the site.

Sound Euphonium 2 - Good just got gooder

Postby pfarber » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:49 pm

I really liked the first Season of Sound Euphonium... even if I'm still a bit fuzzy on what a Euphonium is. It had a pretty good story, some drama, excellent animation and musical composition.

So with season 2 picking up almost exactly where 1 left off (lets make it to Nationals!!! - God that gave me nightmares) our fearless group of high school band members are back doing what they do best... blowing shit out of proportion and practice, practice, practice.

Kumiko is still the main focus but her friendship with Reina is in full force. I'll admit, in public, that I choose Reina as best girl and is a serious waifu candidate.. sorry Andi... you just don't have the deep blue moe eyes like Riena does.

That said, to me the conversations that Reina and Kumiko have are just so beautify animated and voiced that if I were to have two daughters I would SERIOUSLY consider naming them Reina and Kumiko. When they both attend the local fireworks display in their yukata (Reina in a stunning blue and white one, even Kumiko admits that she is pretty) they talk about the past and future and always being there for each other.... good stuff.

The second season is only up to episode 6, and I watch it sub'd on kissanime.to
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Re: Sound Euphonium 2 - Good just got gooder

Postby pfarber » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:20 am

Finished this anime in December but rewatched a few episodes because they were just so well done.

Well, the Kitauji High School Music Club made it to nationals!!!! BUT WAIT! There's more!! Well, not really. I mean its a drama but just not that dramatic. The plot is a 5 and I guess if you are a girl in high school some of the story arcs may hit home. Quite a few personality clashes handed in the typical way.... lots of passive aggressive ignoring going on. But as per anime slice of life rule #6 they talk it out, tears are shed, and those immortal words are spoken: "Lets be Friends!"

One thing that kept me watching was the CG animation, the music (although there was a reduction in the amount of music for the second season) and the voice acting. The voice actresses and editing along with the animation and attention to detail really kept my attention. When Kumiko and Reina had their 'girl talks' it was just amazing to watch and listen. The only thing that annoyed me was that the last part of the season was pretty much dedicated to Asuka and Kumiko. I have no fucks to give about Asuka coming back... but fuck me it that wasn't the plot of the entire second half. The fact that Reina was barely involved and had little screen time pisses me off to no end.

I really like SE 2 more for the animation style and the Kumiko/Reina relationship... sadly, while the animation does hold up through the entire series, other, less interesting plots are what you get.

And its COMPLETE BULLSHIT that they didn't show the whole performance at nationals. Maybe because it was the same piece as in the first season?
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Way off topic. I mean it.. nothing MV related. You have been warned.