Re:Zero

Enter at your own risk. I have no desire to start another site so this is really for things that I am interested in but have nothing to do with MVs.

Feel free to post/contribute. The same rules apply as the rest of the site.

Re:Zero

Postby pfarber » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:43 am

Well I got sucked into this anime because everyone was talking about 'Rem' and how she got the sort end of stick.

Re:Life is just another time traveling drama with all the required anime tropes: unrequited love, a plot that really doesn't end, and a store that kinda wanders.

To be honest, Subaru really didn't die all that much (when he gets killed, his life 'resets' to a point in the past where he can relive the time period again.. but he is the only one that remembers the previous time loop. He uses this information to figure out how to get past the 'level boss' (basically that's how the anime is structured... like a game with a 'save point'.). Honestly it get a little boring. The only redeeming quality if Rem and Ram, twin demon sisters (the good kind) with their own back story that kinda ties into the plot.

I full agree that Rem and Ram are the only redeeming qualities of this show. No fucks are given for Subaru, the chick that he likes that doesn't like him back, etc etc etc.

There are some tough parts to watch... as Suzuki denies Rem's confession (aww.. poor Rem) and then when the Witches Cult tortures Rem to death in from of Subaru (did NOT expect that).

All in all its an OK show. So much shit is just not explained.. Stella the witch? How Suraru got there? Why does a 'fog hand' squeeze his heart every time he tries to explain he can come back to life etc etc etc.

Animation is average, voice acting is OK... story is a little gory and really cluttered with 'stuff' at times.

Demon Rem coming to fuck you up... or just on her period? Sometimes hard to tell
rem.JPG
rem.JPG (38.5 KiB) Viewed 1880 times
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Way off topic. I mean it.. nothing MV related. You have been warned.