Kokoro Connect FAITH IN ANIME RESTORED (for now)

Enter at your own risk. I have no desire to start another site so this is really for things that I am interested in but have nothing to do with MVs.

Feel free to post/contribute. The same rules apply as the rest of the site.

Kokoro Connect FAITH IN ANIME RESTORED (for now)

Postby pfarber » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:02 am

HOLY SHIT JAPAN, YOU DID IT!!!!

A romantic drama that's funny, heartwarming, has a plot and OMFG Praise Baby Jesus A REAL LIFE ENDING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok I was hesitant because the synopsis said it was a harem/ecchi show but it's not. Sure there is a love triangle (well, until Iori asks herself "Why the fuck do I like this guy?" and realizes she doesn't) and a slight amount of fan service (really not that much... but yeah, crotch shots and side cartoon boob) but it kinda pushes the story forward.. so I'll allow it.

Basically some lazy fucks form a club and then some supernatural 'Heartseed' entity fucks with them. First by switching bodies, then by regressing to an earlier age, acting out their 'desires' and the worst part, having others randomly hear their inner, emotional thoughts. While Heartseed basically fucks with them all series, the conflicts all involve the group and how the interact. When Heartseed makes Iori jump off the bridge and then tells the group they must pick one person to die.. holy shit was that good stuff. Sure, the first thing the guys do when they realize they are in a girls body is go to town (waa whaa) there are some funny moments nonetheless.

The biggest arc is the ending when they can randomly hear each others thoughts... it's quite well done (I watched the sub) and it was a really good story... like when best girl Inaba was yelling at Taichi on the outside, but at the same time Taichi could hear her thoughts and she was really thinking 'why am I doing this? I don't mean this?' Good stuff. Showing the struggle is real.

In the end things pan out... and Taichi and Inaba start a relationship.

Animation was above average (not great, but CG was good) although some of the camera angles were off and faces were distorted. I will give a shout out to Inaba's voice actress Miyuki Sawashiro, damn she has a sweet, mellow voice. She was also Iwasawa from Angel Beats.. and I recognized her immediately. I think that's one of the reasons I liked the series that much... Miyuki's voice fit Inaba's personality so much.. and when she would raise her voice/yell it was almost like she was singing, not yelling.

Yes, this is one of the funnier moments.. the otherwise cool, calm and collected Inaba letting one of her secrets out:
giphy.gif
giphy.gif (1013.77 KiB) Viewed 2246 times

I SWEAR I'm not a fucking weeaboo... its just a hilarious part of the story.
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Way off topic. I mean it.. nothing MV related. You have been warned.