1 Liter of Tears

Enter at your own risk. I have no desire to start another site so this is really for things that I am interested in but have nothing to do with MVs.

Feel free to post/contribute. The same rules apply as the rest of the site.

1 Liter of Tears

Postby pfarber » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:55 am

So I watched this J-drama:

"Fifteen-year-old Ikeuchi Aya is an ordinary girl, soon to be high school student and daughter of a family who works at a shop that makes tofu. As time passes, unusual things start happening to Aya. She begins falling down often and walking strangely. Her mother Shioka, takes Aya to see the doctor, and he informs Shioka that Aya has spinocerebellar degeneration - a rare disease where the cerebellum of the brain gradually deteriorates to the point where the victim cannot walk, speak, write, or eat. A cruel disease, as it does not affect the mind."

Fuck me I was not expecting this. Watching Aya's body degenerate and become useless knowing her mind is still as sharp as normal person was horrifying. Her mother was a fucking Saint and Aya's entire family goes through hell. For me two things kicked me in the gut the most... when Aya lost her ability to control her bladder.. I mean how do you prepare for that? Aya's sister and 'male friend' see her on the floor in a puddle of urine. The second is when Aya is almost completely immobile and tells her mother that she's afraid to go to sleep. Fucking WOW.. just saying that out loud terrifies me.

So yeah.. I'm a bitch for crying as Aya's fate is sealed.. the last two/three episodes... wow.

Erika Sawajiri (Aya) does a great job as Aya's body betrays here little by little.. from stumbling, to falling, to losing the ability to walk (and the shitshow that is Japanese parents and the Japanese educational system), to living in the school for disabled, to her trying to write and hold a pen as she searches for some reason for her to live her life.

It took Aya 10 years to finally succumb to the disease... how can a 15 year old possibly deal with that? I can't even think about it.. this girl lived, and died from it.

Watch it... but do it alone... much feels.
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Way off topic. I mean it.. nothing MV related. You have been warned.