Amazon Prime: shipping Stockholm syndrome

Enter at your own risk. I have no desire to start another site so this is really for things that I am interested in but have nothing to do with MVs.

Feel free to post/contribute. The same rules apply as the rest of the site.

Amazon Prime: shipping Stockholm syndrome

Postby pfarber » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:06 am

So here is more Amazon shipping fuckery.

I place an order for a microphone and cable:

Order Details
Ordered on December 1, 2017

I opt for free shipping because Amazon has 1 million warehouses within 2 day shipping from my home. I know FOR A FACT that standard UPS/USPS/FedEx shipping for two service for my state (or zone) covers like 1/3rd of the country. Basically there is no way Amazon DOESN'T have the items in a warehouse within two day shipping of my home. Logistically if you put a warehouse in Tennessee, you can cover 60-70% of the US population with second day service using STANDARD shipping. I know for a fact that there are warehouses less than 20 miles from me. At least 12 within 75 miles . If you simply look at NY, NJ, PA, MD there are over a TWENTY Amazon facilities.

So what does Amazon do? It basically says FUCK YOU NON-PRIME SCUM!!! The order SAT IN THE QUEUE for 5 fucking days!!!

am1.GIF
am1.GIF (5.73 KiB) Viewed 3650 times

And guess what, because SHIPPING WAS NEVER GOING TO BE MORE THAN 1 DAY, EVER they simply punished my order and didn't even pick it until the last possible second to still make the 'promised' deliver date.

I used to love Amazon. But now a days free shipping (and standard is 2 day) is just not that big a deal anymore. But when shitbag Amazon fucks you over because you're not a prime member that's another level of corporate bullshit. Prime was always about the shipping. But today free shipping and two day service is not that special. So THE ONLY WAY Amazon can keep Prime as a premier service is by fucking with the order queue. In reality you are no longer paying for free, two day shipping, you're paying for your order to get to the front of the queue. My package is going to sit next to paying prime packages, and the mail time is still one day. It was never going to take more than two days, EVER.

So fuck you Amazon. I will not pay for prime. Free shipping is not the value added service it once was.
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Way off topic. I mean it.. nothing MV related. You have been warned.