Ebay $5 MS Office subscriptions are LEGIT!

Enter at your own risk. I have no desire to start another site so this is really for things that I am interested in but have nothing to do with MVs.

Feel free to post/contribute. The same rules apply as the rest of the site.

Ebay $5 MS Office subscriptions are LEGIT!

Postby pfarber » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:17 pm

I've been running Office 2010 for, well, 8 years now. I got it when my work had some sort of corporate agreement that employees could get a full copy with just a valid corp. email. We recently switched to Office365 and while I can use that at home, that means that work would have access to my personal files. Oh HELLS TO THE NO!!!

I had recently gotten $5 Windows 10 licenses off ebay so I figured for $10 or so I should see if the Office2016 ($5) and Office365($4) keys are legit.

THEY ARE!!!! With caveats.

All of these licenses are either from the EU which has some pretty consumer friendly laws, or from resellers. I bought two different licenses just to see the differences.

First one is a 'Lifetime Office 365' license. This one worried me the most because you really are just getting an Office365 account on some random website. For example the credentials I got were for the 'myoffice365.site' domain. Really. I have an email address of *@myoffice365.site' BUT its a LEGIT 5 device Office365 account. I can even download office and use it offline, or use the apps via portal.office.com

oo.JPG
oo.JPG (22.97 KiB) Viewed 6082 times

pp.JPG
pp.JPG (61.19 KiB) Viewed 6082 times

So its a legit MS domain. Now the SHITTY part is that some random dude in Europe would be able to look at anything I save online (via sharepoint or Onedrive). So that's why I downloaded the Office apps and can save them to my PC.

The second key I bought was JUST for Office 2016. It has no link to Office365. Its only a single use so I'll probably install it on a laptop or something.. I haven't used it yet.

What if MS clamps down on these resellers? So what. My documents are on my PC and at most they could deactivate my product ID. For the $10 I spent I'm willing to take that risk.
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Way off topic. I mean it.. nothing MV related. You have been warned.