Rover.com happy pups are happy

Enter at your own risk. I have no desire to start another site so this is really for things that I am interested in but have nothing to do with MVs.

Feel free to post/contribute. The same rules apply as the rest of the site.

Rover.com happy pups are happy

Postby pfarber » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:21 pm

Iv'e used Rover.com 3 times now and I can say that the best people are dog people.

Take my next trip. Yeager is my old pupper (15) and needs help with steps, so leaving him at home is not an option. I've boarded him with two separate rover.com sitters and both times he's been pretty happy, well, he is pissed that I didn't take him, but that's another story. I also have a rover dog walker come over and walk Kimber and Milo for 30 minutes each, every day while I'm gone. I get daily photo updates and messages on how they did. Both times the dog walker has been super helpful and made sure they had water and treats.

Now for THREE dogs, one boarded in a REAL HOME with real people and playtime, for FIVE DAYS is less than $250. WAAAAYYYY back I boarded my dogs (all 5 of them) in a kennel (you know, those places that are barely a step up from a shelter) and would have to pay EXTRA for walks or time out in the 'run' (a shitty concrete pad in the blazing sun) and it was damn near $400, the dogs were stressed out when I picked them up and stank of kennel.

Rover.com charges a few % of each stay (I want to say about 5-10%... I didn't do the math) but also vets the sitters and also you can give feedback on the sitters. I live in rural-ish PA and could find 10 sitters withing a 20-30 minute drive.

So fuck kennels. Those rat bastards lock your dog up in a concrete box and charge you extra to even look at them. Most rover.com sitters in my area charge between $20-$40 a day. A kennel starts at $35-40 and charges you for everything above and beyond giving food and water.
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Way off topic. I mean it.. nothing MV related. You have been warned.