Dave Ramsey can suck my credit cards.. debit SUCKS

Enter at your own risk. I have no desire to start another site so this is really for things that I am interested in but have nothing to do with MVs.

Feel free to post/contribute. The same rules apply as the rest of the site.

Dave Ramsey can suck my credit cards.. debit SUCKS

Postby pfarber » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:31 pm

Well more proof that Dave is a fucking tard.

So I buy some stuff online, using my VISA Debit card. The total is $79.21. I go to pick up the stuff (one of those shitty 'you have to buy on our web site to get the coupon discount' companies). So the charge goes through and I pick up the item. THE NEXT DAY I get a text that I'm overdrawn (well, not really, I turned off overdraft on all my accounts). WTF??? I check and there are TWO charges for $79.21. One is the charge, the other is a HOLD. I've never had a ANY business do this.

So call the CS number and raise holy hell with them about releasing my funds. They give me so crap about the hold will go away after X days. I tell them they CLEARED the payment in Tuesday, they PUT THE HOLD ON WEDNESDAY and they fucked up on their end and they will release the hold NOW (which they can do.. its not hard) or I will issue a chargeback just to piss them off.

The key is that the HOLD was the DAY AFTER they already settled the transaction. So they in effect charged me twice.

What does this have to do with God Boy? Well if I was using a Credit Card they could hold the money I would never care. But with Debit, that money is basically GONE until the hold goes away. And if you're paying off debt and have a zero based budget having an unexpected $80 charge fucks up the entire budget.

My credit lines total over $100k of which I have $3k used. No shit... I can handle money. But the problem is the fuckwit businesses that do shit like this. So yeah.. I'm going back to CC's for *ANYTHING* online.
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Way off topic. I mean it.. nothing MV related. You have been warned.