Kelly Buick GMC Emmaus, PA ARE FUCKING SHYSTERS

Enter at your own risk. I have no desire to start another site so this is really for things that I am interested in but have nothing to do with MVs.

Feel free to post/contribute. The same rules apply as the rest of the site.

Kelly Buick GMC Emmaus, PA ARE FUCKING SHYSTERS

Postby pfarber » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:42 pm

I had the misfortune for dealing with the assholes yesterday and today. My salesman Damianion (sp?) was slightly retarded, or just a complete idiot.

So here's the car in question:
www-cargurus-com-Cars-inventorylisting-viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing-action-sourceContext-untrackedExternal_false_0-newSearchFromOverviewPage-true-inventorySearchWidgetType-AUTO-entitySelectin.jpg
www-cargurus-com-Cars-inventorylisting-viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing-action-sourceContext-untrackedExternal_false_0-newSearchFromOverviewPage-true-inventorySearchWidgetType-AUTO-entitySelectin.jpg (372.47 KiB) Viewed 5988 times

mg2.JPG
mg2.JPG (123.63 KiB) Viewed 5988 times

The notes say:

Clean Vehicle History/No Accidents Reported. 2007 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 4.0L V6 SOHC 5-Speed RWD Windveil Blue Clearcoat Metallic Recent Arrival! Mechanics Special - SOLD "AS IS" due to age and miles... We've been in the Lehigh Valley since 1967, we'll be here tomorrow. Come find out why Kelly was voted the best place to buy an used car in the Lehigh Valley... ***Kelly Buick GMC in Allentown - Your New Buick GMC and Used Car Dealer Serving Easton, Nazareth, Allentown, Emmaus, Bethlehem, Boyertown, Quakertown, Whitehall, Reading and the Pocono's***

Additional Information
4 Speakers,AM/FM radio,CD player,Air Conditioning,Rear window defroster,Power steering,Power windows,Remote keyless entry,4-Wheel Disc Brakes,Dual front impact airbags,Front anti-roll bar,Front wheel independent suspension,Low tire pressure warning,Occupant sensing airbag,Panic alarm,Speed control,Bumpers: body-color,Power door mirrors,Driver door bin,Driver vanity mirror,Front reading lights,Illuminated entry,Passenger vanity mirror,Tachometer,Tilt steering wheel,Fabric Bucket Seats,Front Bucket Seats,Front Center Armrest,Split folding rear seat,Passenger door bin,Alloy wheels,Variably intermittent wipers,Clean Vehicle History/No Accidents Reported

OK, so here's what I know. This car has been for sale for OVER ONE YEAR (see the highlighted 'days on cargurus.com) but only at the dealership 23 days. Looking at the carfax it was bought by a dealer in PA in June 2017 and titled to the dealer, and never transferred to a new title (aka sold).

So I stop in on Friday and play hard ball. I offer $4500 and they ask why so low. I say no one is coming in for a 10 year old 5 speed manual car, and its been for sale for over a year (I show then the cargurus info and the carfax title report). Of course they say that's not true. I then say well the low end a KBB FMV is $5500, but this car is a high mileage manual... no one wants this car. They tell me the the car has been 'serviced' and new tires (more on this later) etc etc etc. I offer $4500 cash and they refuse. OK, sure.

The next day (Saturday) I look at two more cars, but they also don't pan out so I call Daimian (sp?) and ask them to give me a number closer to $5500. They come back with $5800. OK, I'll buy the car unless there are major problems. I said the EXACT WORDS "UNLESS THERE ARE MAJOR PROBLEMS". He says he'll prep the car. Cool, see you at 2pm.

So I show up and he has paperwork. He shows me the service report. O2 sensor replaced, wipers are torn, NO AIR CONDITIONING. I ask why the air is broken, he said he didn't know why. I said bullshit. If the check engine light is on you have to pull the codes to even know the O2 sensor is a problem, and the factory OBDC reader would show the AC isn't working. I ask them to pull the codes on the AC and he said they would if I paid for it. I said no, you know the AC is broken, at least tell me why. My $5 ebay OBDC reader can get it (I actually forgot it, I usually have it when I look at cars).

I say lets drive the car, the AC might be a simple fuse. So he gets in the car and says "when I start the car it makes a thumping noise that goes away". SHIT. I'm thinking piston pins, rod/main bearings... all kids of bad thoughts. So he starts it and from the dash you can hear a faint thumping sound. I get in and play with the AC and quickly figure out that one of the damper motors is the problem (the defroster doesn't work when on defrost only, but does when mixed with the foot vent. While I'm telling him that the dash has to come off to get the damper I adjust the seat.. and I see that the seat support is RUSTED. Not a scratch rusted, but 100% fully red and crusty rusted. I look at OTHER seat support, RUSTED. I look at the passenger side seat RUSTED. I pull up the carpet in the drivers foot well and can see rust on the metal floor pan. I tell him this car has been flooded. I show him the seat supports and the floor board. He simply says 'We cant sell it if its been flooded'. I looked at him and said "when I called and asked to look at the car, and said I would by it if there were no major problems why was I not told about the AC, the noise, and the flood damage?"

My retarded Kelly Buick GMC sales fool didn;t say a word.

Needless to say I noped the fuck out of that shithole of a dealership. I told him he should have taken my $4500 offer yesterday. Then I laughed an GTFO of that shit hole.
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Re: Kelly Buick GMC Emmaus, PA ARE FUCKING SHYSTERS

Postby pfarber » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:51 am

I forgot to add this to the list of shit that was broken:

2 of the 4 speakers were 'blown' (in the front doors). Yeah, well, they are UNDER WATER they don't really work that well.

Also about the tires. Salesfool made a huge deal about 'all new tires' they put on at service. Well, first, all new tires are a HUGE RED FLAG. How am I supposed to know if the suspension needs work if I can't read the tires? There could be a massive issue with tie rods, struts, ball joints etc but I'll never know unless I put a few 100 miles on the car and basically ruin the tires. Its not like the checked the alignment during their inspection. Also the tires they did use can be found on Amazon for $69. That means a dealer can get them for about $30. $120 in tires doesn't add $1000 to the cost.

Monday I have a few more cars to look at. Some Altima's and an Impala. Lets see what kind of games they play.
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Re: Kelly Buick GMC Emmaus, PA ARE FUCKING SHYSTERS

Postby pfarber » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:16 pm

So my car saga has ended. No, not with a Mustang, but (may God have mercy on my soul) a 2005 Chevy Equinox. It fits the bill.. better mileage than the F150, lots of room, low miles and cheap.

Raul's Car Sales in Harrisburg PA was the place and its not a bad little shop.. had 2-4 cars I really liked (there is a sweet red Impala that I drove first) and a few others but the Equinox really fit my price/age/mileage expectations. Its in good shape and ready to cart the hounds to wherever hounds need carting off to. The stereo was also pretty damn good.

Did I mention fuck the retards at Kelly Buick GMC? Because really, fuck those idiots.
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Way off topic. I mean it.. nothing MV related. You have been warned.