Global Entry/TSA Pre Check.. damn that's fast

Enter at your own risk. I have no desire to start another site so this is really for things that I am interested in but have nothing to do with MVs.

Feel free to post/contribute. The same rules apply as the rest of the site.

Global Entry/TSA Pre Check.. damn that's fast

Postby pfarber » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:13 am

Since I travel a little bit I figured I'd pony up the $100 for Global Entry and TSA PreCheck (taking off shoes is for suckers!)... and since I'm in just about every government computer ever invented I was hoping that my application would be done before my next international trip at the end of August.

I read that getting the actual interview could take weeks/months to get... better start now and see whats up.

My application was approved (conditional) in 2 days and while the Philly office had ZERO interviews for the month of August, Newark (like a 20 minute drive from philly) was basically wide open. And the FAQ did say to check all local airports for openings.... good advice.

So with any luck on Monday I'll have my known traveler number and get to jump ahead off all the filthy commoners waiting at security and Immigration.
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Re: Global Entry/TSA Pre Check.. damn that's fast

Postby pfarber » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:22 pm

Drove a few hours to Newark for the interview. Three questions: Ever been arrested? Ever broken any immigration laws? Do you have any questions? Get fingerprinted and DONE.

Woo Hoo!!!! Now I can safely bypass all the filthy hobo's at immigration and security checks.

Updated my airline profiles with my known traveler number and just wait for that sweet PreCheck option to appear on my boarding pass.
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Way off topic. I mean it.. nothing MV related. You have been warned.