PUC informal complaint

Enter at your own risk. I have no desire to start another site so this is really for things that I am interested in but have nothing to do with MVs.

Feel free to post/contribute. The same rules apply as the rest of the site.

PUC informal complaint

Postby pfarber » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:38 pm

So I file an informal complaint with the PUC against my electricity provider for breach of contract. Basically they must send me two notices that my plan is up. Since I've dealt with the before I knew to expect them. Most importantly I had saved copies ALL my correspondence.

Basically the scam is the utility doesn't notify you as per your CURRENT agreement and then slams you into a variable (aka highest rate) program they have. Since I knew this was their scam I called, told them I didn't receive ANY notice and that I wanted to cancel. The CS rep had no answers... and just to fuck with them (well, also to make them pay for this bullshit) I filed an informal complaint.

So the utility PUC rep calls me. Asks me the problem and says that I WAS notified. I said no. I asked for the dates of notification and he gave them. I said I never got them (again). After a minute he say 'I found the problem!' You spelled your mailing address wrong. I said no, my enrollment email confirmation ID XXX-XXX-XXXX lists both by addresses correctly. He said 'but we have it wrong'. I said then they should get RTS and you should contact me. He said yes, but they never got the letters back. Of course not, you NEVER SENT THEM. You're just making up some address issue thinking I didn't have documentation to prove it.

Next he asks what the problem was OTHER than the failure to notify. I said that you were going to enroll me, without notification into a high rate plan. I cannot agree to anything I never read. My CURRENT contract makes no mention of ANY re-enrollment, only notification. So he said (no shit) the NEW contract (THAT I NEVER GOT) would have given them permission to renew me. I said when I signed up online, I had to agree to the service. How can this new contract be enforced if I ever see it. He said you SHOULD HAVE. I laughed and asked told him that circular argument will not work.

So round and round we go.

For anyone to believe what the idiot was flapping on about these are the things that would have to happen:

My address would have to be entered incorrectly (sorry bozo, I have proof, via the enrollment form, that it was entered correctly).
The USPS would have to be so stupid that it could not recognize a simply spelling error (Norht and North.. completely different meanings that would just confuse the fuck out of a postal carrier that's had the same route for 10+ years).
If the address WAS rejected, the RTS would have simply 'gotten lost' (yeah, sure ok)
I would be held to a contract I never read or agreed to even though the FIRST contract NEVER stated that was agreed to. In fact the first contract simply states I'll be notified. It NEVER mentions a new contract or the terms.

So I told mr utility liar that I am not happy with his answers and if the PUC contacts me I will ask for a FORMAL complaint be opened to address the slamming of electrical customers (anyone remember when long distance companies did this?? And how bad they got slapped by the Feds?

At least now I was on top of things and had answers for all their bullshit they tried to throw at me.

I'll rattle the cage as long as I can.. fuck them.
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Way off topic. I mean it.. nothing MV related. You have been warned.