Only filthy hobo's wait for customs at the airport.

Enter at your own risk. I have no desire to start another site so this is really for things that I am interested in but have nothing to do with MVs.

Feel free to post/contribute. The same rules apply as the rest of the site.

Only filthy hobo's wait for customs at the airport.

Postby pfarber » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:53 am

My first trip with TSA Pre Check and Global Entry is over.

And I gotta say it was WELL WORTH THE $20/year it costs. Get to PHL and see the line is 20-30 minutes for TSA screening. BUT WAIT! Paul has pre-check. LOL fuck off you filthy buggers. While you are taking off your shoes and belts and dumping your shit into nasty bins used by random stank-miesters... Paul flashes the little green Pre-check logo, puts my bag on the screening belt, goes through the detector and DONE. There were like 5 ppl in the PreCheck line. hahahahaha suck it.

It gets even BETTER when coming back into the country. An entire Boeing 777's worth of cattle wait in line. Paul just walks by to the Global Entry booth. Scan my passport, finger prints, DONE. Less than 1 minute to get back into the ole US of A.

For the last 2-3 years I'm averaging at least 2 flights a year (sometimes more.. this year I will have been on 3 International and three continental trips. For me the $100/5 years is a good deal. Mostly because I can effectively rule out the random time you spent in the TSA line. A couple of trips I was way to close to not making the final boarding call at the gate. This way I can easily cut 20-30 minutes off my 'getting to the airport' time.

If you fly less than 2 times a year, I don't think it would make enough difference to pay the premium. But Global Entry cut AT LEAST 30-45 minutes off my standing in line time.
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Way off topic. I mean it.. nothing MV related. You have been warned.