Line 6 Relay G10

Enter at your own risk. I have no desire to start another site so this is really for things that I am interested in but have nothing to do with MVs.

Feel free to post/contribute. The same rules apply as the rest of the site.

Line 6 Relay G10

Postby pfarber » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:28 pm

So I wanted a new toy and I also wanted to play my guitar from the couch.. but the amp and pedal board is all the way on the other side of the room... first world problems be real.

Did some google fu and found out there are 2.4ghz wireless guitar systems for about $150. After looking at the front runners I picked the Line 6 as it had the most positive reviews.

I moved the pedal board next to the couch, plugged the transmitter into the output of my last pedal in the chain and put the receiver on the G5 amp stack about 20 ft away. Plugged in a cable to my guitar and let it rip.

Sounds great. The transmitter doesn't seem to like some effects.. I'm not sure why.. maybe I need to add a noise gate to the chain in my Zoom MS-50G. With all the wifi bouncing around my house there is no static and the tone sounds super clean.

Overall super happy with the unit. The base station doubles as a charger and has a cool light effect with it. Look up some youtube videos for more.

But yeah, I'd buy another/
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Way off topic. I mean it.. nothing MV related. You have been warned.