Aspen Dental, take your fluoride and shove it.

Enter at your own risk. I have no desire to start another site so this is really for things that I am interested in but have nothing to do with MVs.

Feel free to post/contribute. The same rules apply as the rest of the site.

Aspen Dental, take your fluoride and shove it.

Postby pfarber » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:13 am

I don't have much against my dental hygienist, honestly I don't even know her as it seems I get a random person every visit.

Well last visit I went over my bill and saw I got hit with over $100 for 'Topical Fluoride Treatment'. It's a thick gel that contains fluoride that wears away in about an hour. I saw the price and asked as this ONE item code was almost 20% of the total bill (over $300).

That's when I learned that Aspen Dental will mouth fuck you with this bullshit procedure. Granted, if I WAS SIX FUCKING YEARS OLD it might help, but now? That shit ain't doing nothing. So when I scheduled my next appointment, I said not to include that crap (well, I specifically said Topical Fluoride treatment), as it's not even good enough to be called snake oil.

So today I go for my appointment and they say '$338 for today'. I said, no, you should have removed the Fluoride item, as I will not pay for it. The receptionist said 'we'll take care of it later', but I will have to bill you for the $338 then refund it AND she would have to ask the dental hygienist IF IT CAN BE REMOVED.

LOL NO, that's not how this works.

I said "no, I will not pay an invoice that's incorrect, and your hygienist has no say on this elective procedure. Its not part of the cleaning, at all." I then told her the cleaning billing codes (yeah, homie digs into that shit when my money's on the line) and said I'll wait for the correct bill. So the hygienist calls me and I say I didn't pay the bill yet, its incorrect. I'm told that she has to take off the code at her station. So we go back to the back and she asks me why I don't want it. I tell her flat out its a useless procedure for adults, and its not worth $100+ every visit. She then gives me the spiel and I simply say "Its my mouth, its my money. The Fluoride is an elective procedure and has nothing to do with a cleaning. Please take it off or we're done here". Many mouse clicks later she said she removed the code and it will not show up on the bill. I thanked her and then get the cleaning.

My mother, at 75 WITH FUCKING DENTURES also got nailed for this bullshit. I told her the same thing.. its $100+ and does nothing but taste bad.

So my final bill was $218 for the cleaning I signed up for.

So yeah, watch your wallet and don't get scammed.
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Way off topic. I mean it.. nothing MV related. You have been warned.