Amazon Prime trick

Enter at your own risk. I have no desire to start another site so this is really for things that I am interested in but have nothing to do with MVs.

Feel free to post/contribute. The same rules apply as the rest of the site.

Amazon Prime trick

Postby pfarber » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:00 pm

So I need to but some 8ft LED lights for my garage, the ballast in the lights I have don't work well in the cold or heat, and I've already killed 2 in the last year. I could replace the ballast for $7, but its still not within the temp operating range of a PA winter.

So I'm going LED. The operating range is –4℉ to +104℉. Hopefully these will last a little longer in the heat.

But even though they were listed as PRIME, it was a 4 day delivery time. I ordered on Friday, and didn't notice until I already checked out that PRIME 2 day shipping is evidently optional on some items(?)

Anyway, I cancel, there are other lights that will ship faster for the same price. So when I go to cancel, I select the 'item will arrive to late' or whatever it said exactly, but there was an option to chose for just not being there when you want it... and 4 days is just not gonna happen.

So I get the cancel notice and then start looking, I click through a few search items and pick another 4 unit 8ft LED package, but at the top the 'you ordered' this banner appeared, because they were the same item I just cancelled, this time, instead of arriving Oct 30-Nov 1 (for Prime??) it has guaranteed delivery of Oct 28.

So for whatever reason the EXACT same item I just cancelled, it now magically going to be delivered 3 days earlier.

I'll try it again if I get a wacky PRIME delivery date, and maybe the cart algorithm worked as it should.. don't care. Monday I'm installing new LED lights in my garage.

Yay me.
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Way off topic. I mean it.. nothing MV related. You have been warned.