Army Motors available for download.

TM's, FM's ORDs, SNLs or FSMWO's pertaining to the GMC 2 1/2 ton truck.

Army Motors available for download.

Postby deadline » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:57 am

I have put up a collection of Army Motors for download.

Click on the Army Motors link on www.tm9-801.com and read the directions.

If you need help, PM deadline or e-mail deadline@tm9-801.com.

Enjoy!
deadline
Site Admin

Re: Army Motors available for download.

Postby deadline » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:28 am

*sigh*

I was already asked if I had permission to 'use' the copies of AM on this site. Really.

So here's the official response:

These magazines are public domain. Just about all documents published by the Federal Government are public domain 17 U.S.C. § 105 withholds copyright from most publications produced by the United States Government, and its agents or employees while in their employment. All such work is therefore in the public domain in some sense.

Also, these scans themselves are not 'copyrightable' by the person/entity that scanned them as they are not derivative works... but simply copies. 'Sweat of the brow' copyright has long been dismissed in copyright law.
From US Copyright Office Circular 14 :
"To be copyrightable, a derivative work must be different enough from the original to be regarded as a new work or must contain a substantial amount of
new material. Making minor changes or additions of little substance to a preexisting work will not qualify the work as a new version for copyright purposes."

If you know who scanned them, I will GLADLY post credits for the magazines they did scan, but they are not, in any way, copyrighted by anyone anymore.
deadline
Site Admin

Re: Army Motors available for download.

Postby retro-roco » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:10 pm

Paul,

I could be wrong, but I'm guessing your source was here:

http://vmpa.ordnancereproductions.com/maintenance.htm

I seem to have a couple of indexes from the same years, but don't recall where I got them from...
retro-roco
Motor Sergeant

Return to Publications