Radiators

Topics about the engine, transmission, transfer, axles, or wheels/brakes of Chevy 1 1/2 ton trucks.

Radiators

Postby pfarber » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:15 pm

Well I have (or had, depends on if your glass is half full or empty) two numbers correct G506 radiators. Both need some work, but I decided to sell one because I had all the parts I needed. So I sell the rad and tell the guy if it fails a pressure test I'll give him his money back. I'm all fair and honest and what not. Well, it fails in like 4 places. Three on the top tank and one rod. Quote for a repair was $600+. Gave the guy his money back.

So what to do. Since the radiator is not that far gone (what are some holes in a radiator... makes every drive more exciting) I plan on repairing it. Soldering (or brazing, not sure what I'll go with) is easy, but the bad tube is another issue. I could plug it, losing ONE tube is not a huge issue. Since I plan to rod it anyway (evidently it had low flow) soldering one tube should be an easy fix.

Since most rads now a days are aluminium/plastic I think putting some money into it is a good idea. Will post pics.
I got a Mountain Cur and a ~~pitbull~~ big loveable cuddle puppy
RIP Kimber 5/26/2022
RIP Yeager 1/3/2019
RIP TJ 3/25/2014
RIP Sugar Bear 8/29/2014
RIP Shilo 4/10/2015
RIP Yuki 2/19/2017
pfarber
Motor Sergeant

Return to Engine/Drivetrain